dulcinella's chaos
over linnen, borduurgaren en heel veel kruisjes

dinsdag 22 mei 2012

TUSAL and IHSW update

First: here is a quick update of my TUSAL. I definitively have more floss than last month, but I had the green visitor in my house:-)




And then there was IHSW. There is progress on some projects. On other projects the green visitor caused the opposite of progress:-(  Pictures will come in a next post.
I had planned to stitch a lot during the long weekend from wednesday afternoon till sunday evening.Little did I know I was in for a surprise.
Thursday I had been cleaning my stash, getting things organized for a very long stitching session. Friday,when I was  really ready for stitching all day, suddenly life began to act up. Lots of phone calls, messages, people needing me, things going wrong. But still, I had a whole weekend, right:-).
There was also a package delivered to the door for my hubby who was away during the day. I put it away, not really thinking about it, not even looking closely to the box.
When my dear hubby came home that evening, he told me the box was for me, kind of a late mothers days gift, early birthday gift (which is actually next month) and a gift for our wedding anniversary (yesterday).The gift came from this company:


Oh my goodness, this was the most wonderful present I could have dreamed of!!! I got this precious iPad which will make it so much easier for me to read blogs and mails.To make the gift even more precious it had an inscription on the backside about me being a wonderful mom who always is there. I was so moved.

Now, what did I do this weekend? Not stitching, playing with the iPad:-) And I even don't feel sorry I have stitched so little.

But I did get some stitching done. Here's an update on the Alpine garden from Drawn Thread. I love working on it too much, so after I have finished the centre piece, it will be with pain in the heart I'll put it away for awhile.


The frog visitor was also one that stayed for a longer period. In my latest post I told you I didn't like the stitching on my Beach Huts. I frogged big part of the sky, which was a huge task and I will simply stitch it again. I still have no clue why that particular area was so badly stitched,so let's hope this time it will be better.

I do owe some people answers to their questions. I hope I didn't delete too much things with all the trial and error on the iPad this weekend, but if you're waiting for a reply from me and it is not getting there, please, please, give a very big yell.

Happy stitching to all of you! The next days I'll try to divide my attention between stitching and computer:-)

hugs
claire

Eerst en vooral een snelle update van mijnn TUSAL. Ik heb zeker meer draad dan vorige maand, maar ik had dan ook een groene bezoeker in mijn huis:-)

Het was ook IHSW. Bij sommige werkjes heb ik vooruitgang geboekt. Bij andere projecten heeft de groene bezoeker voor achteruitgang gezorgd:-( Foto's daarvan komen in een volgende post, de andere foto's kon je hierboven al zien.
Ik was van plan heel veel te borduren het afgelopen weekend, zeker van woensdagnamiddag tot zondagavond. Wist ik veel welke verrassing er me te wachten stond.

Donderdag was ik mijn materiaal wat aan het opruimen geweest, en had ik gewoon alles een beetje voorbereid voor een heel lange borduurtijd. Vrijdag, toen ik echt klaar zat om te borduren, begon ineens het echte leven een beetje op te spelen. Veel telefoontjes, berichten, mensen die me nodig hadden, dingen die mis liepen,... Maar ik had gelukkig nog het hele weekend:-)
Er was ook een doos afgeleverd aan de deur voor mijn man die overdag weg was. Ik had die doos weg gezet zonder ook maar aan te denken, zonder de doos te bekijken.

Toen mijn allerliefste man 's avonds thuiskwam, vertelde hij me dat de doos voor mij was: het was een laat moederdagcadeautje, en het was ook een vroeg verjaardagsgeschenk (volgende maand) en iets voor onze huwelijksverjaadag (gisteren). Het kwam van de apple-store.

Mijn god, dit was echt het allermooiste cadeau dat ik had kunnen dromen. Ik heb een gweldige iPad 2 gekregen die het me zoveel makkelijker zal maken blogs en mails te lezen en te beantwoorden. Om het nog ongelofelijker te maken stond er op de achterkant een inscriptie over het feit dat ik een geweldige mama ben die altijd klaar staat. Ik was zo ontroerd!

Wat heb ik dus gedaan dit weekend? Niet borduren, vooral met iPad spelen. En ik vind het niet eens erg dat ik zo weinig heb geborduurd.

Ik heb wel een beetje vooruitgang gemaakt. Je kan op de foto's Alpine Garden van Drawn Thread zien. Ik vind het zo leuk om hieraan te werken, maar als het middelste deel af is, ga ik het toch even wegleggen.

De 'frog' bezoeker is ook lang gebleven. In mijn laatste post vertelde ik nog dat ik mijn borduurwerk op Beach Huts helemaal niet mooi vond. Ik heb een groot deel van de lucht terug uitgehaald, wat best een grote klus was en ik ga het gewoon opnieuw borduren. Ik heb nog altijd geen idee waarom de steken er zo lelijk uitzagen, dus laat ons hopen dat het deze keer beter gaat.

Sommige mensen moeten van mij nog een antwoord krijgen op hun vragen. Ik hoop dat ik niet teveel mails heb gewist met mijn zoektocht op de iPad dit weekend. In ieder geval, als je te lang niet van mij hoort, en je wacht op een antwoord, geef dan een grote gil!
Veel borduurplezier allemaal en de volgende dagen ga ik mijn aandacht verdelen tussen de iPad en mijn borduurwerk.
liefs,
 
claire

22 opmerkingen:

Riet zei

Wat een geweldig kado, borduren komt wel weer!

Pauline zei

Wat leuk om zo verrast te worden!
Heerlijk gevoel is dat.
Dan maar wat minder borduren hoor, er is meer in het leven!

Unknown zei

Dat is een prachtig kado, ik geef je gelijk dat je daarmee bezig ben geweest, je moet toch eerst ontdekken hoe zo iets werkt!

Groetjes Yvon.

Bea zei

Alpine Garden is just lovely. And what a delightful surprise for your weekend!

Anoniem zei

Hello

Lovely TUSAL jar but sorry about the frog!

What a great present, so useful for you.

Your stitching looks lovely.

MoonBeam zei

Beautiful spot for TUSAl. Great start on your DT. I love her designs. Amazing gift. You're going to love her! I am addicted to mine.

Have fun.

Bobbi

Carol zei

Guess what I've just got? An IPad! Only my second day using it. I'm going to play for a few weeks then intend going to some of the Apple workshops as the store is only s short train journey away.
Your stitching is lovely.
Carol xx

Stitching Noni zei

Hi Claire! Lucky you getting an ipad! Bet that makes up for the horrible green visitor! Your stitching looks lovely ;0). Have fun with your new toy!!

Veronica zei

That darn frog again. Seems like he's been busy visiting stitchers >.< Well, hope you got it all fixed.

That's so nice of your DH. Well, enjoy your iPad :) Alpine Garden is looking great.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Sally zei

How wonderful that your DH got you an iPad! Enjoy :)

Alpine Garden is looking beautiful.

mdgtjulie zei

What a lovely gift, Claire. And a lovely name to go with it. What does Dulcinella mean? (I thought it was such a pretty name at first, lol.) Your Alpine piece is looking lovely. I'm sorry you had those nasty green guys visiting. Maybe some princess will kiss them. Then you won't have to worry!! Here's hoping you get back to where you were, and soon!!

Ziggyeor zei

oh I think we can forgive you for not stitching when you got a new toy. I love that they can get it inscribed too.

Cute project.

I hope the frogs stay away for a bit!

lesli zei

Ohhhh...an iPad! I'm so jealous...congratulations! :)

I just hate those pesky frogs! Here's hoping they don't visit you again the rest of the year!

Beautiful TUSAL...and I absolutely love the colors on Alpine garden!

Melissa zei

Alpine garden looks cute!

Inés zei

Nice gift!!!!!
Hugs.

Rhona zei

What a lovely gift from a very thoughtful hubby! Hope you managed to kick that frog out....just don't send him my way! lol

mab3500 zei

Great TUSAL! I love the Alpine Garden. Enjoy your iPod, my daughter stole mine. (the little stinker)

♥ Nia zei

ohhhh What a delightful present you got ;) heheheh :D Congrats sweetie!
Your stitching looks lovely :)
Hugs&smiles to you

Toni zei

Belated happy anniversary to you and your husband Claire!

Lovely stitching!

Sara zei

What a wonderful gift! I got one recently too and it does make looking at the blogs and boards so much easier but it is also very easy to lose track of time and spend he whole evening playing with it. And that's just for plaing on the Internet, when you add games and electronic books suddenly the weekend is gone too:) enjoy your new toy!

blue star stitcher zei

I received an Ipod for an Xmas gift, and my favorite part of it was the inscription on the back. I can see why you didn't get much stitching time in over the weekend.

Lesleyanne zei

Lovely stitching and your orts look great.